Friday, September 9, 2011

Spice it up!

So I had my "Fourth of July" front door wreath thingy up until about 2 weeks ago...(I know...totally NOT cool), so I whipped up a little cheery framed thing to replace it.
I just sewed a few pieces of fabric together and then cut out the word "hello" out of felt and sewed it on top.  I already had this framed painted turquoise... so it was a pretty easy project to do.  I liked it like this but I thought it needed some fabric flowers somewhere to "spice it up" a little.  So this morning I got out my glue gun and a pile of scraps and got to work.
So I just made some fabric flowers, added some in felt, cut some fabric leaves and added some pom-pom trim... and here's what it looks like now.





(P.S. I stil haven't found my camera that the 3 year old took and lost...nice...so all pictures are taken on my phone...oy!)

2 comments:

  1. And I noticed when I came on Wednesday that it had changed. Love the new one. I love all your posts, I just read them all. I will check in more, you have awesome ideas. Do a tutorial on how to make your felt banners. I love them but need a little guidance.

    ReplyDelete