Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Reading is cool!

So I have a little book worm in my house who can't get enough to read.  She's currently on a "volcano" kick...(not sure exactly why) but reading is reading...right?

I've made just about everything in the girls room...(room tour coming really soon) and I wanted to put something over her bed (on the top bunk) that would appeal to her and speak to just her.

So I came up with a "reading is cool" theme and got to work in my little craft room.  And before I knew it...(while watching The Glee Project on hulu.com) this is what I came up with:

(Not the best of pictures)

Basically I just took a scrap of fabric I had and sewed the words on.  The words are felt.  Then I cut out a branch out of another scrap and sewed that on.  Added an American Crafts bird and some leaves, then a scalloped edge from pages from an old book.

I love doing "hoop" projects like this.  You can put literally ANYTHING on it and it works...LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment