Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back in the swing of things...

So we had a houseful of sickies this weekend...including an overnight stay in the hospital for one.  BUT, never fear.  We are doing much better now and hopefully we are back in the swing of things...

Ok.  So I bought this funny little stool thing from the DI.  It was a children's stool...(I think) but I took the little legs off of it and made it into a cake stand.

It was just plain wood.

Then I spray painted it black.

So once it was black I had all these grand ideas of stenciling something fabulous...even bought a Martha Stewart stencil thingy...just for this project.  But once I tried that stencil on it, I didn't like it AT ALL.  So I painted the top white, taped off stripes, then sprayed it black again.
The result:

I just glued on some orange pom pom trim that I already had, and VOILA!  A fun Halloween cake stand.  (Look for it in my Halloween decor!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment