Thursday, September 15, 2011

The girls room

So today I thought I would take some pictures of the girls room.  Their room is the master bedroom, but we decided that they needed the space more than we did, so switched rooms.  And I'm SOOO glad we did.  Their room works better and I LOVE how ours turned out...(that's for another post!)

So this past spring we painted the walls a light gray color...(which is the same in the top part of our room too), and moved them in.  I didn't do a whole lot of decorating in it until about a month ago when I decided it was time to get that room done.  

Here are pictures of the room...(sorry if the pictures are crappy...it's my camera...).  I tried to hit all the things in their room.

This is the view from the door.  This little tent is new and the girls LOVE to play in it...but it's not up all the time.  (But it matches their room so perfectly.)



The room has tall ceilings and two big windows.  It was really fun to do the wall above the little Ikea bookshelf.  I really like how it turned out.  Most everything on that wall I made.  The mailbox is from a cute little store just down the street called, "Just a Bed of Roses".





This is a frame I found at thrift store in California and brought home.  I sprayed it yellow and just put some scrapbook paper (that already looked like lined paper) in it with some chipboard stickers.
I love using embroidery hoops to create things.  This is some turquoise linen with a screen print of a frame.

This is a letter that my great aunt wrote to her friend when she was eight years old...(the same age as Gracie.)  She died when shortly after writing this letter.  (Not really sure what the cause was.)  She was in third grade and had excellent cursive writing.  We thought it would be neat thing to add to their wall.  (I have a whole box of her school work...which is really neat.  The best part is that she liked to draw flappers... and did so in the back of most of her work books.... kind of funny I thought.)
This is an owl screen that I made.  I actually named him 'Winston", but since this is a girl owl I'm not sure what to call her.  I made this by taking pages from an old book and sewing them together on my sewing machine with hot pink thread.  Once I had a piece big enough, I staple gunned it to a canvas that I had.  Then I added some fabric flowers to spice it up.  I LOVE how this turned out!
The fabric banner is at the top of this wall is made with just a bunch of scraps that I had.
I also love books...(like my kids) so I bought the "Velveteen Rabbit" book from the thrift store and framed the cover.
This is a HUGE frame I got at the thrift store (42'' x 30'') and I sprayed it white.  Then I added some chicken wire that I sprayed blue to it to make an art board for the girls to display their stuff.
This is just a little frame that I loved and sprayed it turquoise and printed a little saying on some scrapbook paper.   And the other one is a little sign that my sister designed for Lucy last Christmas.  I just cut our the oval and mounted it on a piece of wood with some scrapbook paper and some ric-rac.  The cute clock is from ROSS...(the new one that just opened up the road.)

So there's my virtual-ish tour of the girls room.  (Sorry for a huge amount of pictures.)

No comments:

Post a Comment